Canadian Education

A forum for discussion of issues important to the future of education for Canadians.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Welcome!

I'm a Canadian school teacher, interested in issues in education in Canada.
Currently, I'm a secondary school teacher in Toronto, Ontario.

I will be starting with issues regarding computer education in Canada, Ontario, and in one of the largest school boards in North America, the Toronto District School Board.

At the moment, I have been assigned to teach science classes next year (September 2006), although this could change. I have spent the last 5 years teaching a variety of subjects in a linux lab at Monarch Park Collegiate, Toronto, Ontario. This included computer engineering, computer science, communications technology, ecommerce, and even ESL (English as a Second Language) classes in the linux lab! :-) I found the use of linux to be by far one of the best computer systems I have ever used, and highly recommend that its use be encouraged, expanded, supported, taught, etc.

Please feel free to ask questions, etc.