Canadian Education

A forum for discussion of issues important to the future of education for Canadians.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Sometimes, I'm asked why I only use linux. There are a large number of answers to this question, but perhaps this article sums up a few of them. I use a computer as a tool. I use software(tools) that do what I require, without restrictions, I require access to the complete instructions, (source code) should I choose to change/improve the software, etc. I.e., I love freedom to do what I want to do. I'm not interested in being a POW (Prisoner of Windows ;-)). And I love diversity and choice...;-) Hopefully, we can continue to free the people! :-) And final news tidbit for today: here are some students using Blender (3d modelling/animation software:checkout blender.org)...some 'adults' complain that it is too hard...well look at these ELEMENTARY school students using it without any problems! ;-) Just more examples of open minds (versus closed) in education. :-)