Canadian Education

A forum for discussion of issues important to the future of education for Canadians.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Great satirical post, on changing from linux to Windoze...any of this sound strangely familiar to anyone? ;-)

Re:That was easy (Score:5, Funny)
by Anonymous Coward on Saturday April 05, @10:29PM (#22976980)
Maybe you could help me. PLZ HELPZ ME!! I want to switch over to Vista but I'm having a hard time finding the apps to replace the things I use most. Every one says to use Paint, but it just doesn't do everything I like as Gimp does. Also what should I use to replace vi? I've tried notepad but there is so much to learn, all these menus and button flash... I'm just a normal person. I want to turn it on and have it work, not fiddle with all this license and fee goop. Maybe you uber geeks like all this msconfig nonsense, but for a normal user it's just a hassle. I spent two hours on the phone trying to get my Vista box authorized... until Microsoft can get a simple interface for installation like apt-get or emerge I really don't think they will find much of a market in the desktop realm! Don't hate, just my two centz!